Employer: Edmund Rice Camps Brisbane
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Brisbane (CBD & Inner Suburbs)
Applications close: COB (AEST) Friday 30 June 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 18 July 2017
Edmund Rice Camps Brisbane is a charitable organisation, responsible to the Christian Brothers Oceania Province, that provides recreational and support experiences for children and young people living in disadvantaged and marginalised circumstances, who would otherwise not be able to access such programs. Edmund Rice Camps Brisbane also provides opportunities for young adult volunteers to engage with children in a positive and supported environment.
- We are seeking a new Programs Officer to be part of a small, vibrant organisation, where work/life balance and further development of staff is valued and prioritised.
- The successful applicant would demonstrate a commitment to social justice, enthusiasm, innovation, and have great interpersonal and strong organisational skills.
- All applications are welcomed including from recent graduates.
The duties of the Programs Officer will include:
- Plan, facilitate and assist with the varied camps programs
- Develop and assist in volunteer recruitment, engagement, retention and leadership mentoring
- Ensure volunteers are provided with appropriate training, professional supervision and professional service monitoring
- Implement appropriate child, young person and family referrals to ensure ERC Brisbane policies, protocols and procedures are met
- Collaborate with volunteers, children, young people and families to evaluate ERC Brisbane programs
- Maintain appropriate service records as required by the ERC Brisbane policies, protocols and procedures
- Explore other program activities and initiatives that give further expression to the spirit and vision of Edmund Rice
- Assist in the communication of the mission of ERC Brisbane and its services and programs to the wider ERC Brisbane community.
The position is full-time based in Boondall, Brisbane. Salary package will be commensurate with experience. The position commences 7 August 2017 or by negotiation.
See Position Description: https://www.edmundricecampsbrisbane.org/employment-opportunity
Applications should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Dr Pauline Meemeduma (Children’s Services Standards Coordinator)
(Acknowledgement of receipt will be forwarded.)
All applications must include a Cover Letter clearly addressing the six (6) Competency-Based Selection Criteria (found in Appendix 1), a current CV, and the names with contact details of two (2) referees.
For more information on the Application Process/ the Competency-Based Selection Criteria, contact Dr Pauline Meemeduma 0438-917-505