Team Leader – Youth Support Services
Employer: Youth Support and Advocacy Service
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Alcohol & Other Drugs, Family Services, Social Work, Youth, Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Melbourne (YSAS Box Hill)
Job posted on: 20 June, 2017.
Applications close: 07 July, 2017.
- Full time fixed term to 30th June 2018
- SCHADS level 6 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation
- Located at YSAS Box Hill
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
The Youth Support Service (YSS) is an early intervention program within YSAS supporting young people aged 10 to 17 who have had recent contact with police and are at risk of entering the justice system. The Youth Support Service (YSS) approach is client-centred, holistic, developmentally appropriate, family sensitive and culturally inclusive.
About the position
The team leader has management responsibilities for members of their team which includes the provision of regular supervision and day to day mentoring/support to ensure quality service provision and responsible for a range of program functions such as management of referrals, assessments and intake and stakeholder management. Supporting the manager, the team leader will have responsibilities in relation to program reporting, targets and team projects.
The team leader has management responsibilities for members of the team and is also responsible and accountable to the allocated business process. The position also manages the development and maintenance of business processes and relationships that generates the referrals required to achieve compliance for the forensic funded aspect of the service. In conjunction with the Manager, the team leader will ensure stakeholder relationships are managed and that all staff meets requirements with regards to program reporting, targets and team projects.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Advanced skills in engaging and working with young people, families and caregivers, ranging from advocacy, therapeutic case management and support, group work, including the application of a range of therapeutic modalities at an individual level;
- Demonstrated experience in the support of staff including, provision of supervision, mentoring and maintaining a positive team environment;
- Demonstrated ability in ensuring referral networks and pathway linkages allow for the best possible outcomes for young people;
- Experience in utilising a community development approach to address needs identified by local communities, including forging partnerships and collaborating to bring together resources and expertise to an issue of community concern;
- Understanding and experience in family sensitive/inclusive practice, including involving family in assessments and care planning when appropriate, and working sensitively with cultural diversity;
- Experience in management responsibilities, ensuring streamlined and timely program processes such as intake and that program targets and reporting requirements are met.
For full details of the position, please view the Position Description below or visit our website www.ysas.org.au.