Youth Consultant – Hunter Region
Employer: Salvation Army – Employment Plus
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Job posted on: 19 June, 2017
Employment Plus has an exciting new program being implemented by the Department of Industry. The program focuses on youth and supporting them to become work ready through training, mentoring, skill building and other work related experience.
At Employment Plus we drive high performance with a forward thinking, results driven culture, that you will be proud to be a part of. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that truly makes a difference to people’s lives then we want to hear from you. You’ll join a passionate results oriented team that’s set to thrive as the largest not for profit service provider under the Government’sjobactive employment services program.
Who are we?
Since 1998, our experienced employment teams have worked with over 200,000 businesses across Australia and seen well over half a million Australians successfully placed in employment.
With sites in over 90 locations around the country, we reach far and wide and touch many communities, making positive impacts on their lives.
About the role
The Youth Employment Consultant will provide professional case management and assessment services to support EPlus youth participants in gaining and maintaining employment. The Youth Employment Consultants will provide both individual coaching and support to youth participants.
A professional case management role which will Implement and oversee a job seeker-centric case management model, focussing on moving job seekers into a job ready state and provide commercial outcomes by:
- Clearly identifying and addressing barriers which prevent participants from re-engaging with education or being job ready
- Identifying strengths, aptitude and interest in key industries and roles in demand within the local labour market
- Managing a caseload of 75+ young people
- Applying a person-centred case management approach, involving the candidate in all goal setting and decision making
- Develop and maintain close relationships with schools and community organisations to build your caseload
- Extensive experience in youth employment services
- Demonstrated awareness of current education, employment and social challenges faced by young people
- Strong demonstrated experience facilitating group learning and information sessions focused on gaining employment
- Advanced experience in barrier management, with youth aged 15-21, highly beneficial
- Advanced communication skills
- Demonstrated success in a high performance culture within a KPI driven environment
- Results driven candidate with a social work qualification will be strongly considered
What we offer:
- Attractive incentive scheme that rewards high performance
- An accrued day off every 4 weeks,
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme,
- Discounted Private Health Insurance,
- Genuine career development opportunities
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax free salary packaging benefits.
Employment Plus has a number of full time and part time opportunities in the Hunter and Central Coast regions, with sites located at Gosford, Wyong, Charlestown, Newcastle, Raymond Terrace and Maitland.
If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to this challenging yet rewarding role, we invite you to submit your CV along with the covering letter telling us why you think you are the best person for the role via the link below.
Employment Plus is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians.
To learn more about our company, mission and values visit our website at employmentplus.com.au