- To provide you with an introduction into the overall content of training required to prepare your mentors to participate in your project and how to put together a program which uses a variety of approaches appropriate to specific topics.
- Developed to help you meet Element 7 of the National Benchmarks.
This course will help you to:
- Identify the core components of all initial training for mentors; specific topics relevant to your client group and what is required as part of ongoing training for volunteers
- Determine the most appropriate way to cover topics ? for example, role of mentor, the boundaries of the relationship; confidentiality or the reporting processes you want them to follow
- Consider how you can use training as part of selection and screening of volunteers
- Identify resources that you will need to deliver the training and who will be involved
- Put together a training program based around appropriate and realistic timescales based on the activities in the toolkit
- Manage the expectations of volunteers during the recruitment and selection process
Supporting materials: FREE Training volunteer mentors toolkit
Who should attend: Those with little or no experience of training who are responsible for the mentor training; those who are looking to review the content of what they currently provide. It is appropriate for projects working towards meeting the National Benchmarks.
|09 May 2017|
|Brisbane:||05 April 2017|
|Canberra:||04 March 2017|
|Darwin:||24 February 2017|
|Hobart:||19 January 2017|
|Melbourne:||13 November 2017|
|Perth:||20 December 2017|
|Sydney:||08 August 2017|