- Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Strive for mutual respect
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Challenge, enjoy, open new ideas and new opportunities
Contact Person: David White
Position: National Programs Manager
Phone: 03 9416 0064
Mobile: 0425 725 259
Street Address: 15 Hoddle Street, Collingwood, VIC, 3066
Postal Address: P/O Box 84, Abbotsford, VIC, 3067
Mentor Age: 18-55
Mentee Age: 16-25
Child Protection Policy: Yes
Mentor Training: Yes, training is provided for mentors
Training Process of Mentors Pre Match training program is delivered over two sessions of over 1.5 hours each Post -match training is delivered during the first year of the match and consists of 4 hours over 4 sessions or as required.
Mentor Screening: Yes, screening is provided for mentors
Screening Process of Mentors: Application Form Interview WWC Check and Police Security Check References obtained Management sign off Training.
Mentor Position Description: Ladder mentoring engages both current and past elite female athletes and AFL footballers as volunteer mentors who support, encourage, and become a friend to a young person. The experience of being involved in an elite sport already equips you with transferable skills to be a successful Mentor. Ladder Mentoring also enables Young People to become part of a greater social network and provide a greater connection to and within the community. The impact of this provides young people with a greater sense of belonging and purpose. The role is mostly about having fun together within the context of a comfortable, trusting relationship.
Mentor Minimum Commitment: Two hours per fortnight as a minimum